Yesterday, it was announced by school officials that starting left guard Anthony Herbert passed away in his dorm. ESPN reported that Herbert went for a morning workout, had breakfast, and then returned to his room. No word yet on the details of his passing. EMT’s were called into Herbert’s dorm but were unsuccessful in attempting to resuscitate him. “Anthony’s passing is felt deeply by many. He made a positive impact on our campus and was everything we hope for in a student-athlete. Our thoughts are with his family, friends, and teammates, and we are focused on supporting them during this difficult time,” stated Forrest Karr, NMU’s athletic director. MYC Tastemakers offers our deepest condolences to his family, friends, and teammates.
- Aaron Hernandez was found dead in his prison cell
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic player for Manchester United is banned from playing in three matches due to violent misconduct
- The New England Patriots Win Super Bowl 51
- Two Dominican baseball players died on the same weekend
- Northern Michigan University’s Anthony Herbert Dies at 20