Everyone has a sweet tooth sometimes and snacking has been at an all-time high since the start of the pandemic. Going out to pick up something good from your favorite place is not as sweet anymore. There are the long lines, little to none of the ingredients needed, weird COVID19 hours of operation, and some favorite places being closed permanently.
However, food chains like ALDI have helped to stay home a bit easier to do. Did you know that ALDI has a list of different recipes to choose from on their website? The recipe list includes breakfast, sides, appetizers, desserts, healthy living, better living, and even summer recipes.
With the website sharing the breakdown of how to make each meal, you can also shop at your local ALDI to pick up the ingredients as followed. Making it easier for you to get what you need and eat what you want, all with ALDI.
As much as I’ve shopped at ALDI I have never visited the website. Each recipe on the website includes the chef’s name who came up with the dish idea and ingredients.
So pick what you have a taste for and see if the ALDI recipe list has something suitable for your tastebuds. Grab your grocery list, if you are missing some ingredients, and even shop at your local ALDI.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich
Vanilla ice cream sandwiched between freshly baked peanut butter brownies with a crunchy surprise.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Place two parchment-lined baking sheets in the freezer.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package instructions.
- Coat two 9×9-inch baking pans with cooking spray; spread the brownie batter equally among pans. Spoon half of the peanut butter over each brownie mixture and swirl together.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling to room temperature.
- Using a 3½-inch diameter ring mold, cut four circles from each pan. Remove from the pan and place upside down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer.
- Remove one baking sheet from the freezer; place the ring mold directly on a sheet tray, fill with ¼ cup of the softened ice cream and smooth out. Repeat until you have four circles. Sprinkle with half of the cocoa rice cereal, press into ice cream. Place in the freezer.
- On the second baking sheet, make four circles of ice cream, leaving the tops plain. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- To assemble: Using a spatula, place the ice cream with the rice cereal on top of the brownie (cereal side up), followed by the plain ice cream. Top with another brownie. Roll the edges of the ice cream sandwich in the remaining cocoa rice cereal. Repeat until you have four sandwiches. Freeze for 15 minutes.
TIP: If you do not have a ring mold, you can cut the brownies into squares and spread the ice cream evenly over each brownie.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen
Cinnamon Belgian Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich
- Prepare a waffle recipe listed on a baking mix box, adding cinnamon. Cook waffles and break into quarters; reserve waffles in the refrigerator.
- Measure out four ½-cup portions of ice cream; shape into triangles about the same size as the waffle quarters.
- Sandwich ice cream in between 2 waffles; reserve in the freezer.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate until smooth; dip all three edges of the sandwich into the chocolate and return to the freezer until chocolate has set.
TIP: For a sweeter sandwich, dip in milk chocolate.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kevin, ALDI Test Kitchen
Go check out dessert recipes you can create from home on ALDI webpage: https://www.aldi.us/en/recipes/desserts/frozen/