The 62nd Annual Grammy Awards was hosted on January 27 2020 by Alicia Keys. It was inevitably an emotional night for everyone in attendance as well as viewers at home as beloved Kobe Byrant and his daughter GiGi and seven other victims passed away due to a heart breaking helicopter accident earlier that day. Artists and celebrities came together to support one another and the life of Kobe Bryant throughout the evening, paying special tributes to his legacy and the other lives lost. Despite the heartache, artists delivered remarkable performances throughout the night.
Highlighted Moments Include:
- Lizzo opens the show with her performance of “Cuz I Love You” which she dedicated to Kobe Bryant. Her night didn’t end there, as she carried on to win Three Grammys for Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Urban Contemporary Album and Best Traditional R&B Performance.
- Alicia Keys paid her respect to Kobe Bryant and daughter GiGi alongside Boyz II Men with the song “It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye.”
- Camila Cabello delivered a powerful and heartwarming performance dedicated to her father who was in attendance with her new song “First Man.”
- Demi Lovato amazed the audience with the debut of “Anyone”, a song she wrote days before overdosing in 2018.
- 18 year- old Billie Eilish swept the Grammys as she took home five awards for Song Of The Year, Best New Artist, Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, and Best Pop Vocal Album. Billie and her brother/collaborator performed an acoustic version of mega hit “when the party’s over”.
- Nipsey Hussle, an LA rapper who was shot and killed last year at only 33 years old was honored and remembered with two Grammys for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap/Sung Performance. ArtistsDJ Khaled, John Legend, Meek Mill, Kirk Franklin, Roddy Ricch and YG paid a tribute to him with a new song “Letter to Nipsey”.
- Ariana Grande took over the stage with a melody of her three hit songs, “Imagine”, “7 Rings” and “Thank U, Next.”
The Grammys, which is also known as Music’s Biggest Night is an unbelievable event as they have honored and continue to honor some of the biggest talent in the music industry. The incredibly talented Billie Eilish took home 5 Grammys for Best New Artist, Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album.