Hall Of Shame!

On January 9th, The MLB Hall Of Fame selections were announced, and guess what? Nobody made it! The 2013 class is getting a lot of buzz due to the fact that this is the first year where the alleged steroid users could possibly get crowned into the Hall. Names such as Barry Bonds, Mark Mcgwire, Sammy Sosa, Rafael Palmerio and Roger Clemens are all among the candidates that have been linked to steroid use. Most of these guys got little or few votes, but Bonds and Clemens somehow made it to 30%! To make the Hall Of Fame, you need at least 75% of the MLB vote. I strongly feel that players who did cheat and gave the sport a black eye should not even be mentioned when it comes to voting. These wayward voters took away from players that should be going in. Craig Biggio was the type of player who played the game the right way on and off the field, and played his heart out to get 3,000 hits. He ended up with a total of 65% of the vote, with the other 35% going to undeserving steroid users. If voters would wake up and see the true importance, and not only how it changes the game but the future of baseball as well, then we can watch the teams and players that we grow to love, without any potential of the sport continuing to get tainted. The MLB will be increasing their testing prior to the season, as well as throughout the season for the future. Hopefully the new polices work, and steroid use will be cleaned up, so that there will be no more controversies in the near future!


Join Our Mailing List

    Recent Articles

    Yankees game postponed due to ‘hazardous’ air quality

    Major League Baseball postponed Yankees and Tigers due to air quality being negatively impacted by the Canadian wildfire in Quebec.
    The NYC area has been blanketed by a yellowish producing hazardous air quality. The teams are set to play today with hopes of an improvement in weather.

    How Apple’s AR Goggles are Coming to Change Sports

    Ready to watch your favorite team? Apple announced it’s entering the VR space with
    Apple Vision Pro. The new headset can transform any room into your own personal theater by displaying your favorite movies, shows, and games. Many are curious how this would transform sports with the new immersive experience

    PGA Tour, LIV Golf, DP World Tour announce merger

    The PGA Tour, DP World Tour, and the LIV Golf League, which have been embroiled in a bitter legal battle for more than a year, have agreed to merge and move forward in a larger commercial business.

    Heat Figuring Things Out Before Game 2

    The Miami Heat struggled in Game 1 against the Denver Nuggets. Jimmy Butler could not stop thinking about what he and his team wwould do for Game 2. Butler was determined not to let this struggle affect the rest of the series, so he hit the gym, joined by his longtime trainer Chris Brickley.

    Hey! Are you enjoying NYCTastemakers? Make sure to join our mailing list for NYCTM and never miss the chance to read all of our articles!