While it’s important to maintain a balanced and varied diet, there are some cases where supplemental nutrition is needed for a healthy lifestyle. If you have a diagnosed deficiency, experience malabsorption issues, or consume a limited or restrictive diet, you may benefit from a vitamin or mineral supplement.
Here are 3 of the best vitamin brands for 2023:
Best Overall: Thorne
Thorne Research is a trustworthy and reputable vitamin supplement brand. They produce a variety of vitamin supplements that meet a diverse clientele, including multivitamins for different age groups, a B-complex vitamin, vitamins D and C, and other vitamin minerals (i.e., protein powders, collagen supplements, probiotics, omega-3s, etc.)
- Over 30 NSF Certified for Sports products
- Tests many products in clinical trials
- Comprehensive supplement offerings
- Expensive (ranges from $16-80)
Best Budget: Nature Made
Nature Made is a trusted company that produces vitamins at an affordable price. Many of their products are USP verified, meaning they have been tested for ingredient purity and potency. Also, it produces a variety of vitamin supplements, including a multivitamin (which can be specific to men, women, and children) and vitamins (C, D, E, K).
- Many products are USP verified
- They don’t always use the most bioavailable forms of certain vitamins and minerals in their supplements
Best Organic: Garden of Life
Mykind Organics produces a variety of vitamins while also paying attention to farming practices and how farm workers are treated. Each product is vegan as well as certified USDA Organic and non-GMO Verified (also NSF-Certified and/or ConsumerLab-approved). MyKind Organics comes in various forms, including tablets, chewable liquids, gummies, and sprays.
- Whole food ingredients and vegan
- Certified USDA Organic
- Many products are approved by ConsumerLabs and/or NSF certified
- Some products include herbal and enzyme blends that might not be suitable for all
Disclaimer: Always speak with a healthcare professional before adding a supplement to your routine to ensure that the supplement is appropriate for your individual needs and to find out what dosage to take.