Everyone loves the taste of fried food but not everyone may love that it isn’t the best for you. Now there is a healthier version of your favorite fried food! You can even make these in the comfort of your own home! All you need are the ingredients and an air fryer! These recipes help you get in your fried food fix while still eating healthy.
Air Fryer Onion Rings
● 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
● 1 teaspoon paprika
● 1 teaspoon salt, divided
● 1/2 cup buttermilk
● 1 egg
● 1 cup Panko crumbs
● 2 tablespoons olive oil
● 1 large yellow or sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
● olive oil spray
● Combine flour, paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a shallow bowl.
● In a second shallow bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg. Whisk in 1/4 cup of the flour mixture.
● In a third shallow bowl, combine Panko crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons oil. Stir with a fork until the oil is evenly distributed.
● Dredge onion rings in flour mixture. Then dip them in buttermilk mixture and then dredge in Panko crumb mixture.
● Place in Air Fryer basket. Cook them in 2 batches so you don’t crowd them. Set Air Fryer to 400 degrees for 12 minutes. Turn them over halfway through and spritz them with oil.
This is the perfect way to enjoy onion rings and not feel guilty about eating them!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
● 2 med/large zucchini cut into 1/2″ dials
● 3/4 c Panko bread crumbs
● 1 tsp Old Bay
● 1 tsp garlic salt
● 1 egg whisked
● olive oil spray
● Cut ends off zucchini and slice into 1/2″ dials. Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees while you’re preparing these.
● In a bowl whisk your egg. On a plate add your Panko and seasoning, mix so it is combined.
● Dip zucchini pieces one at a time into the egg, then coat all sides with bread crumb mixture and when air fryer is preheated add them in one layer to your trivet inside your machine (if you have a trivet).
● Spray all of them with olive oil. Then close air crisp lid and continue cooking at 350 degrees for 13 minutes total, flipping after minute 10. (add more minutes for crispier outsides)
● If your dials are small you could do 10 minutes total flipping after 8 minutes.
● Remove and enjoy immediately, then add another batch
There is nothing better than air-fried zucchini chips!
Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
● 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
● 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
● 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
● 1 large egg
● 2/3 cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
● 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
● 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
● 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
● Olive oil spray
● Preheat air fryer at 400ºF for 8-10 minutes.
● Set out three small shallow bowls. In the first bowl, place flour, salt, and pepper; mix lightly. In the second bowl, add egg and beat lightly.
● In the third bowl, combine Panko, parmesan cheese, and parsley flakes.
● One at a time, coat chicken pieces in the flour mixture, then dip into the beaten egg, and finally coat with the Panko mixture, pressing lightly to help the coating adhere.
● Place chicken nuggets in the basket of air fryer, in a single layer. Spray the nuggets with olive oil spray (this helps them get golden brown and crispy). You will not be able to cook them all at once. Cook each batch of chicken nuggets for 7 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Do not overcook.
Adult or child, these are the perfect air fryer recipe!
There is no longer the need to feel guilty about eating your favorite fried food. The air fryer is the perfect solution to help you eat your favorite foods while still staying healthy!