The NBA is finally back!! The NBA announced that they will finish the 2019-2020 season at Disney World in Orlando. With approximately 17 games remaining per team, the league decided that it was best to reduce the amount of regular season games so that the playoffs could be played quicker. Therefore, the NBA rolled out a 22-team plan to finish out the season. Here’s how it will work:
- The 22 teams that are in or have a good shot of making the playoffs will compete in 8 regular season games to determine final seeding, while the 8 teams who had no shot of making the playoffs will automatically end their season.
- All 22 teams will stay in Disney World while having all their games and practices in one area
- The playoff format will remain the same as in previous years
- Every staff member and player of each team will go through COVID-19 testing every day
- 5-6 games will be played per day
The reason why the NBA is doing it this way is so that they can make up for some lost revenue. Adding those 8 games per team will make the NBA almost half of what they lost. In my opinion, this is a great plan for the NBA. My only problem with it is the timing. With so much else going on in the world some players will definitely refuse to play and I think although it is a very well thought out plan, it needs to be held off on because there are other more important things that need the world’s attention.